Post subject: Lucky Escape
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:49 pm 
Site Owner

Remember this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4LxMN1jim4

J.O'B.

Post subject: Re: Lucky Escape
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:10 pm 

I remember when this happened. That must have been terrifying!

What would we do if the worst happened?

Thanks John!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:50 pm 

I remember seeing a photo in the press of Bryan taken by one of his fellow passengers while this was going on. At the time, I thought that it was a pretty disgraceful thing to do given the circumstances. Now that I have seen this clip and realise just what a traumatic experience they all shared then I have nothing but contempt for whoever it was whose primary instinct was to cash in on the situation. No matter how famous you are there are times when you are entitled to some privacy. Some people have no dignity.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:14 am 

I agree, Avondale. Not just the cashing in aspect but this geezer must have felt that he is going to be killed in a plane crash and his first instict is to take pictures - of BF or anyone else?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:49 am 

...but then why would Bryan's channel upload it is the question, and how did they get it? Did they have to pay for it? Get permission to use it? Did Bryan approve it? If so, why? Can't touch this.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:00 am 

Yes I remember this also. saw it last night on BF's fb.
What a terrifying experience to all on board, my heart sank when I heard that Bryan and his boys were on that flight. Watching the footage of it unfolding and seeing what trauma they all must have suffered just amazes me of how calm they all actually appear by the end of it all.

Going back to the phot's .... correct me if I'm wrong but I remember reading that one of the Ferry boys took some photo's of the incident on board? then again the press are sometimes known for exaggerating the truth, and In any case if this was true then I can't see cash exchanging hands on this one. No sireee.

Thank god it was a safe and happy ending.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:48 pm 

Although this was a potentially tragic situation for all concerned - the thing that made me laugh was that when one of the Ferry son's was swearing he got told off by his dad,. That would be the last thing on my mind if I was about to hit the ground. Your mind must have to be aware of literally everything when there could be press around you ;)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:31 am 

What always struck me about this incident and thank god for Bryan's safety, was that it was an ominous precursor to 9/11. I was in NY that day and instantly recalled the incident with Bryan. For years I was amazed at the casualness of flight crews and leaving the cockpit doors open and strolling up and down the aisles. After the first attack on WTC in '93, it came out that Al Quaida planned to hijack a plane and fly it into the Eiffal Tower or other large buildings, I just couldn't believe that cockpit doors weren't secured. The world for us will never be the same.
The one good thing from this is that Bryan decided to bury the hachet with Andy and Phil and tour again with Roxy. Ah the strange turns life takes sometimes. Speaking of the reformed Roxy, what happened to the For Your Pleasure CD/DVD? The ones of us here in the states would like to get the chance to enjoy that show.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:28 pm 

And set to Mr. Eno's 'an ascent' too, strange choice of music.