VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:57 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: PRIMITIVE GUITARS
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:40 pm 

I like this album a lot but invariably get irritated by the studio discussions that are tagged on to many of the tracks.

To be honest, I struggle to hear what is being said and generally just will these tags away so that the next track can kick in.

However, Phil obviously included them because he felt that they added something (as made clear by the sleeve notes) so I wonder if I am missing out on the complete Primitive Guitars experience.

Is anybody able to throw any light on any (or all) of these tags e.g. who, where, when .....and also what is relevance to the track that it is tagged to etc. I would appreciate anything that anybody can throw into the mix here as it would add to my present level of understanding which is a big fat zero.

Post subject: Re: PRIMITIVE GUITARS
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:54 pm 

"I like this album a lot but invariably get irritated by the studio discussions that are tagged on to many of the tracks".

I actually thought they were the best bits of the album, especially "The Bogus Man" part.
Bias can only stretch so far, even back then.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:27 pm 

I am not sure if that just means that you don't rate the music, Mr Rifff - or that I am missing out on something crucial in the tags

I suppose that I overstated it a bit when I said that the tags are a complete mystery to me, as The Bogus Man clip is clearly from that session. However, while this is an interesting curiosity for Roxy fans, there doesn't seem to be anything particularly revealing in the chat on that tag (at least the bits that i can make out), nor can I work out why it or any of the other studio clips enhance Phil's music.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:24 pm 

I could never understand what significance it had to the actual album .So, I'm still confused .