VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:55 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: 801 reunion?
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:55 am 

I'm fairly sure that it would take something special to persuade Eno back on stage, but it struck me that all six original members are still with us...

Eno is, I believe, involved with charities like War Child, so maybe a one-off gig somewhere suitable (Shepherds Bush Empire?), with some or all of the proceeds going to a worthy cause, might persuade him?

Lloyd Watson is still musically active (albeit only around the Peterborough area) and ditto Simon Phillips, although the latter lives in the USA and works mainly with jazz pianist Hiromi Uehara.

I don't know how often Bill Mc picks up his trusty bass and Francis Monkman seems to have largely withdrawn from popular music since he left Sky nearly 30 years ago.

However, Phil's connections would allow some serious deputies, if required, so my dream line-up would be:

Phil; Eno; Lloyd W; Monkman (or Eddie Jobson); Bill Mc (or Guy Pratt or John Wetton); Simon P (or TGPT). With Andy Mackay as special guest soloist! :D

So, do you think we could drum up enough support to persuade them to do it?!

Post subject: Re: 801 reunion?
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:23 pm 

Never say never, but Eno appears to be pathologically disinterested in endeavors of this sort. So I guess the others could resurrect the 801 banner but in terms of generating much broad-based interest it seems about 20 years to late. They could do a few club dates and film/record them, but remember PM's show at Ronnie Scott's a few years back? Whatever ever happened to the cd they were supposed to spawn?

Never say never, but I'd be stunned if it actually came to be...

Post subject: Re: 801 reunion?
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 7:49 pm 

A nice idea, Smudge. I would pay top dollar to see it if it happened - but I fear that DCJ is correct and it is a non-starter.