VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:36 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Phil guests on Jack Bruce album
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:27 pm 

It's getting like a game of Happy Families: Bruce Jr. playing in Spedding's trio, now Phil apparently guesting on Bruce Sr.'s forthcoming album. :lol:

JB's album also features long-time musical cohort Robin Trower, who also appears in the long list of Ferry alumni, of course (although RT's solo career is & was so much more than both of those facts...).

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00H ... m_sim_3_lm

Post subject: Re: Phil guests on Jack Bruce album
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:53 pm 

I pre-ordered the deluxe edition (CD+DVD) of JB's Silver Rails, which duly arrived on Monday.

Phil plays a cameo on the opening track Candlelight and contributes a recognisable, if short, solo. There are similar guest appearances from Robin Trower, Uli Jon Roth & Bernie Marsden (the last of whom gets two tracks; the others, like Phil, get one each).

The DVD runs to just under half an hour and features short interviews with each of the musicians (including the guests) during the making of the album.

I blow a bit hot & cold over JB's music (i.e. I love Cream & his stuff with Robin Trower, both vintage & more recent, but never got on with his 70s fusion phase, despite the presence of such luminaries as Mick Taylor), so wasn't quite sure what to expect. First impressions were favourable, though; well worth a listen.