VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:50 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Phil interview - Endless River and MORE
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:38 am 

Here's a link to an interesting PM interview out of New Zealand that is mostly about The Endless River, but also comments on Roxy related stuff. Here's some excerpts that are particularly intriguing...

Q: I think David Bowie retired about three times in the Seventies.

PM: [Laughs] It's the oldest trick in the book and I said something to Rolling Stone in America a few weeks ago about this project and it came out yesterday as a Google Alert that Roxy had now split. Fine. But ultimately with all these things if you met up with one of your band mates tomorrow and said, 'Let's just go and do it' and people would say, 'But you split?'

Well, we changed our mind. Of course if someone passes away as with Rick then that's different. Even if Roger was involved in this you've not got those four people together. But if you are in bands when you get to a certain age you just want to not have the encumbrance of other people telling you what to do.

And later,

Q: So aside from the Floyd thing you've got another job to do, which is your own life.

PM: [Laughs] Yes. It's funny that everyone in Roxy is still out there. Bryan [Ferry] has got a new album coming out next week, Eno's just brought out one with Karl from Underworld, Andy Mackay comes here once a week because he's working on an album in my studio, I'm putting out my stuff . . . We're all in the game, we refuse to be put town.

Q; I can tell you without a word of lie that I have Andy's cover for Resolving Contradictions framed on my wall.

PM: Oh I must tell him, he'll like that.

Here;s the link:

http://www.elsewhere.co.nz/absoluteelse ... ess-river/