VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:54 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Andy Mackay Interview
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:37 pm 

To me all the songs on Avonmore were new. I`m not sneaking for unreleased songs on ebay or wherever they may be. I`m not that much a fan.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:57 pm 

Hi le freak,

It may be that I totally misjudge the situation. Please correct me if it is so !!!

Some years ago I read it about the album Avonmore, unfortunately I do not have the link, I did not find it anymore. Therefore, I do not claim anything, but I have the following in mind:
Avonmore is an album in which mostly old material and texts are said to have been used. The song Lost is even to come from the 80s of the Post Avalon era.

But maybe John O'Brien knows more, and especially when Bryan wrote his last text matching the song.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:52 pm 

If Lost is from the Boys and Girls era, the question is how you judge the Boys and Girls era. I have been aware that there have been a matter of clearing the shelf for songs that have been lying around. However, this has been coupled with high expectations for what comes next, after that. If only Bryan could clear his shelf for unreleased songs, then we could expect big things afterwards; either a coherent solo album from A to Z of newly penned songs, or that unfinished Roxy album. Total silence was never an option, neither an array of new twists on well known stuff. When being interviewed by a radio station after the release of Avonmore, Bryan heartily agreed with the radio host that there were some unfinished Roxy songs that should be revisited for completion.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:37 am 

Thanks for the answer le freak!

Then I hope that Bryan will clear the shelf properly. And if at the end something new from Roxy came out, I would be very grateful to him.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:09 am 

le freak wrote:
Uwe wrote:
Another interview article from Andy

http://www.music-news.com/news/UK/11942 ... tten-album

Hmm, milking it comes to my mind. This article says much of the same as the previous one. We`ve heard, more or less, this story from the 2007 recordings before.

What else can he say? They keep asking the same questions so his responses are bound to be the same!

Last edited by Stabbs MacKenzie on Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:59 am 

There is nothing wrong on the part of Andy. It is this "music news" paper that has more or less copied John O'Brien`s interview and used it for all it`s worth.