VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:28 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Rare sighting of Andy on the BBC
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:27 am 

Flicking through a poor line up on British TV last night I ended up on my Friday night go-to channel BBC4. As usual they have a music theme and I ended up in the middle of the third part of The Sound of TV With Neil Brand. An erudite chap who is a decent musician and presenter who was discussing incidental music with three young chaps in California.

Out of nowhere the OGWT film of Ladytron appeared on the screen and my attention span increased. We then switched to a discussion on the way music worked in the revolutionary series Rock Follies from the mid 70s. Andy and Howard Schumann discussed the way the music was formed alongside clips from the show.

Only a fleeting few minutes but it looks like an interesting series and I will check it out on iPlayer (only available in the UK I believe). It’s also repeated at some point I believe, although I was extremely fortunate to stumble across this as I did.

I might even give the two Follies LPs a spin later....

Post subject: Re: Rare sighting of Andy on the BBC
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:34 am 

Similarly, yesterday saw a programme about pub rock and new wave which had Eddie & The Hot Rods on playing 'Wooly Booly' (sp?)

Who should be blowing up a twelve bar storm at the back but The Emperor Himself resplendent in the famous blue/green checked shirt circa AIWIY.

Lee Sullivan sent me the full thing, but I'm sure it'll be on the net somewhere?