VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:03 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Any pics of the Standed stage set?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:04 pm 

LOVE IT!!! :P

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:40 am 

This still from Top of The Pops 1973 has part of the Stranded stage set

Attachments:
Roxy_Music_-_TopPop_1973_02.png
Roxy_Music_-_TopPop_1973_02.png [ 110.5 KiB | Viewed 7359 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:30 pm 

Zarathustra wrote:
Stabbs MacKenzie wrote:
Yep, that's the one! Just how cool is MacKay in this shot? Magnif!!!

And Ferry...Roxy's style was sublime and light years ahead of the competition; truly a heady meld of futurism and past glamour, mixing fashion from various decades and even centuries. Little wonder the New Romantics plundered their look some ten years down the track.

Cher Roxy,
I just love this stuff — keep posting it. Frankly W2 thinks you should be the curator of the Roxy Museum.
It's interesting looking back at the Roxy style. IWNSHO it was always Bryan and Andy leading the charge.
They always looked very cool and naturally at home with their choices. They were wearing the clothes rather than the clothes wearing them.
The rest of the band always looked good albeit a little forced.
In fact, for a few years, Andy was giving Bryan a run for his money in the sartorial stakes but then he did a bad left turn and went through a seriously dodgy barnet stage together with some equally bizarre clothing choices. Sometimes I have a conspiracy theory that Bryan tricked him into it because he couldn't take the sartorial competition!
All said though, Andy has well and truly rediscovered his sartorial mojo - I saw him in London eatery recently and the boy scrubs up well.
Halcyon days!
Salutations,
W2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:08 pm 

Windswept2 wrote:
Zarathustra wrote:
Stabbs MacKenzie wrote:
Yep, that's the one! Just how cool is MacKay in this shot? Magnif!!!

And Ferry...Roxy's style was sublime and light years ahead of the competition; truly a heady meld of futurism and past glamour, mixing fashion from various decades and even centuries. Little wonder the New Romantics plundered their look some ten years down the track.

Cher Roxy,
I just love this stuff — keep posting it. Frankly W2 thinks you should be the curator of the Roxy Museum.
It's interesting looking back at the Roxy style. IWNSHO it was always Bryan and Andy leading the charge.
They always looked very cool and naturally at home with their choices. They were wearing the clothes rather than the clothes wearing them.
The rest of the band always looked good albeit a little forced.
In fact, for a few years, Andy was giving Bryan a run for his money in the sartorial stakes but then he did a bad left turn and went through a seriously dodgy barnet stage together with some equally bizarre clothing choices. Sometimes I have a conspiracy theory that Bryan tricked him into it because he couldn't take the sartorial competition!
All said though, Andy has well and truly rediscovered his sartorial mojo - I saw him in London eatery recently and the boy scrubs up well.
Halcyon days!
Salutations,
W2

Wonderful. Ferry/MacKay übercool