VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:29 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Underneath The Archives
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:03 am 

The RSD website in the USA (www.recordstoreday.com) has links in its home page to 8 other RSD sites: Mexico plus 7 in Europe (including the UK).

A quick glance at each revealed that only Mexico & Spain have yet to list the 2015 releases, while all the others list Ladytron, which may suggest that it'll also be available in Holland, Belgium, Germany, France & Italy.

The UK site states that there will be 1000 copies (better than the 300 or 500 for some other items); I hope thats per country, rather than a worldwide total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:29 am 

That's great news, Smudge, thanks for the info. I just looked up the German RSD website, and the Ladytron single is listed:

http://www.recordstoredaygermany.de/exklusive-releases/record-store-day-2015/

And here's a link to the shops in Germany that will participate in the RSD:

http://www.recordstoredaygermany.de/teilnehmende-shops/

Now the only remaining question is: will I get out of bed early enough on a Saturday morning to buy a limited record I can't play anyway because I currently don't have a record player :oops:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:57 am 

Good morning, everybody, just a short reminder: today is the day :)

I'm not much of a collector, obviously... I'm still having a lazy saturday morning at home, just made a new jar of homemade nutella, not sure if I will be at the record store before noon. :oops:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:19 am 

There are several Roxy agents out there on special manouvres trying to capture the lady in question. ;)

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:38 am 

Good to see not everybody is as lazy as I am... I'm more interested in the music than in the collector's items, so I've decided to take it easy 8-)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:05 am 

No luck in my neck of the woods :(

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:39 pm 

No luck either. The store of my choice still had plenty of the other special editions, but they didn't have the Ladytron single at all, since they didn't have the entire RSD catalogue. Philistines! I'll never buy there again ;)

But never mind, my effort was a bit healf-hearted anyway. Sooner or later the track is going to appear on youtube.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:49 pm 

What good is Record Store Day if the stores don't have the records that are intended to draw customers in to buy records on Record Store Day?

RSD seems like a rather chaotic enterprise IMHO. A few weeks ago I tried to do some on-line sleuthing to figure out where the Roxy single might be available and it proved to be a big waste of time...

It will interesting to see if any of the VRM faithful track down and actually purchase a copy of the extended Ladytron...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:27 pm 

They had 50 copies at the shop I went to this morning. I Queued up for 3 hours and managed to grab a copy, and I'm unsure whether or not they all sold out. A bloke in front of me who I was speaking to said anything left unsold today will be put online next Saturday, but you'd have to check that out as I didn't get it confirmed.

I was a bit gutted to miss out on Johnny Marr's "I Feel You" they only had 29 copies and being 3 hours away from that, I Just knew I had no chance. Anyway never mind it was all about Roxy for me so I'm over the moon. x

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:34 pm 

Helen, great to see you managed to get a copy. Standing in line for 3 hours is really heroic :)

DCJ wrote:
What good is Record Store Day if the stores don't have the records that are intended to draw customers in to buy records on Record Store Day?

For fairness sake, the entire catalog lists 438 items, for smaller shops that might be a bit more than they can chew.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next