VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:24 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Underneath The Archives
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:47 pm 

50 copies to one shop (1 in 20 of the national supply) and none at all to others does seem to reinforce DCJ's view that RSD is rather chaotic.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:37 am 

I have no idea of how the distribution of vinyl on RSD goes. Maybe its some sort of bidding process they go through, who knows. Anyway the ripoff merchants on ebay are at it. It's not took them long. What a joke.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:41 am 

Lonely Dreamer wrote:
Helen, great to see you managed to get a copy. Standing in line for 3 hours is really heroic :)

Haha aw, thanks Lonely Dreamer. Having been called a "daft bleeder" for the cause, I'll take Heroic every time ... :D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:11 am 

And now - was it worth standing in line for hours, Helen ;-) ? Or haven't you got a turntable any more :lol: ? I'm very curious how the extended 'Ladytron' version sounds like. Can't wait for the CD record to follow 8-) .

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:33 am 

I did a brief and fairly successful RSD tour in north & east London yesterday and some shops still had Ladytron availability well into the afternoon, having had fairly generous numbers to start with.

If anyone is in dire need, I'm quite happy to check for leftovers (of Ladytron or anything else) today/tomorrow and post anything I find...

It ain't cheap, though: Ladytron was £16 (over a quid for each minute of music!) and postage & packaging would add another £4 for the UK (maybe £6 for Europe and £8 for further afield).

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:34 am 

pianoman wrote:
And now - was it worth standing in line for hours, Helen ;-) ? Or haven't you got a turntable any more :lol: ? I'm very curious how the extended 'Ladytron' version sounds like. Can't wait for the CD record to follow 8-) .

Yes I still have a working Pioneer system from the 80s. All separates... ;) however I've yet to take the cellophane off Ladytron haha

Smudge,

That's very good of you, I'm after Johnny Marr "I Feel You" if you come across it anywhere please let me know :)

Ladytron was £14.99 here and I think any left overs are going on their website next Saturday.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:15 pm 

Further to my earlier post here, I have confirmed the continued current availability of limited numbers of Ladytron. :D

As for Johnny Marr, Helen, I had a ring round and he apparently flew out of the doors at high speed very early yesterday. :( However, there are several on eBay, many of them ending today, and some of them currently have high bids below yesterday's London price of £9-£10. Good luck!

(At the risk of taking us too far off Roxy topic, the only RSD item I looked for in vain yesterday, and likewise on eBay today, was a 12" blues/rock EP by Joanne Shaw Taylor titled Feels Like Home. It was allegedly available for £10 or just under and I'd happily pay that plus postage if anyone found it. Thanks!)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:18 pm 

Mission accomplished up in the Scottish region! :) Thanks to my other half leaving home at 7am to stand in quite a long queue. The store opened at 8am and finally got inside the doors at 9.15. :)

8-)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:11 am 

Well I had no problem at all grabbing a copy of Ladytron I was due to be in Cambridge all day and knew that Heffers were ordering 3 copies. Walked in at 9.15, downstairs to the music department basement, picked the last copy off the display and paid my £14.50 (a bit steep but that's record store day for you).
It's a great artefact to own and my only complaint other than the price would be no musician credits on the sleeve and it didn't show whether it would play at 45 or 33 rpm. I had to play The Numberer first to establish it was 45 as there's only one chance at a first impression!
I can see why it had to be edited for the album but it has a slower intro with the familiar oboe refrain coming in later and then a further twenty seconds or so of air raid sounds before the vocal. The ending extends for a further two minutes of Eno and his bubbles and squeaks and it's just as I imagined it would sound - freaky. Worth it? I think so and it sits nicely on the shelf with my only other 10" vinyl the Clang Group EP that Andy kindly signed in February.
A great taster for the full version of the first album, it would be interesting to find out when it's released......

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:20 am 

Smudge wrote:
Further to my earlier post here, I have confirmed the continued current availability of limited numbers of Ladytron. :D

As for Johnny Marr, Helen, I had a ring round and he apparently flew out of the doors at high speed very early yesterday. :( However, there are several on eBay, many of them ending today, and some of them currently have high bids below yesterday's London price of £9-£10. Good luck!

Thanks for that Smudge, you're a good un :D

I have found an alternative in the form of a download. Johnny Marr took to facebook when fans posted their disappointment of queuing up for hours and missing out, only to find loads of copies being up for auction on ebay.

He strongly advised fans not to buy on ebay and then came up with the downloads. I know It's not the same as having the vinyl but at least its something, and proper fans now have the songs. Especially the B-Side which is a live recording of 'Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want' recorded at the Manchester Apollo last October (I was there) :D

That's what you call a "Star" being in touch with his fans.

I love Johnny Marr x

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next