VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:31 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Bryan Ferrys Automobiles
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:17 pm 

Windswept2: 'During the early '90s our hero also drove an Alfa Romeo 164, quite a stylish voiture for the epoc. Windswept with his slavish love of all things Ferry bought one.
It was a big mistake and W2's edition probably had the same level of reliability as The Bonny Lad's Studebaker and never made it into a great song!

This was the last time W2 allowed musical fanaticism to influence his taste in voitures and he won't be buying an Audi!
Jags forever Audi never.'

Didn't you tell us in an earlier thread that you owned an Audi Quattro, Monsieur Windswept? I am driving a small Audi A2 and so far I am very content. In contrast to you I never had the courage to buy an Alfa Romeo, although I adore this brand (and Jaguar, too). To worship Roxy Music was a much cheaper (but no passing) craze :-D.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:14 pm 

Smudge wrote:
Grumpy Old Git request (probably suffering from gig fatigue & insufficient sleep! lol)...

It should be possible to reply to posts here by cutting & pasting only the relevant bits of the original post, without needing to copy and re-copy entire posts, including large photos; it's taking far too long to wade through the forum these days. Many thanks. :)

:) Ok Smudge
Sorry about that, I at least will try
:D :lol: Grumpy old git request
Teresa

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:21 pm 

Windswept2 wrote:
Fanatical Ferryistas,
W2 remembers the Studebaker well albeit he never connected it to our hero until many years later.
It was a permanent fixture parked in Jesmond near an old girlfriend's place. Bizarrely, it never seemed to move but it was quite a talking point. There weren't many stand out cars in Newcastle back then. The only other notables were club Annabel's owner, Kayu Poostchi's Corvette and designer Nigel Cabourn's 911. Most of the rest, Windswept included were either on Lambrettas or Triumphs.
During the early '90s our hero also drove an Alfa Romeo 164, quite a stylish voiture for the epoc. Windswept with his slavish love of all things Ferry bought one.
It was a big mistake and W2's edition probably had the same level of reliability as The Bonny Lad's Studebaker and never made it into a great song!
This was the last time W2 allowed musical fanaticism to influence his taste in voitures and he won't be buying an Audi!
Jags forever Audi never - mind you, it doesn't rhyme in Virginia Plain!
Salutations,
W2

:lol: :lol:
That is a really interesting addition WS2!
You didn't even know it belonged to Our Hero until many years later, Jags forever, Audi never :)
My dear David would definitely agree with you
He had two Jags :cry:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:56 pm 

[quote="pianoman"]

Didn't you tell us in an earlier thread that you owned an Audi Quattro, Monsieur Windswept? I am driving a small Audi A2 and so far I am very content.

Cher Pianoman,

C'est vrai, W2 has to plead guilty to having a black Audi Quattro in the '80s and, etre juste, it wasn't a bad machine albeit it did have a very dodgy clutch. In that particular instance W2 can't claim that his addiction to all things Ferry influenced his purchase.

It's quite funny actually because despite his claim to the contrary, The Bonny Lad is quite a petrol head and is rumoured to have a bit of a collection. Amongst them was, and probably still is, a Morris Minor 1000 (a great car) and he is one of the famous Minoristas!

Beyond that, W2 is pleased that you are content with your A2 and if he could get Audi to give him the same discount they probably gave The Bonny Lad, he'd have an Audi as well! Meanwhile he'll stick to his Jaguar.

Saluations,

Windswept.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:34 am 

Bryan is selling his Corvette!
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/feature ... ts-are-in/

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:56 pm 

Oh No!!!