VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:46 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: A fruity baritone
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:06 pm 

It puzzles me that "Boys and Girls" has such a high standing among his audience these days. Maybe it`s just the 80s, the yuppie generation, "Slave to Love" and all that. The idea of a dandy suits many people`s lifestyle. Well, he WAS the eighties, at least what they remember of it. His extensive touring strengthens this, contrary to what names like Limahl, Howard Jones, Ultravox, Visage, Flock of Seagulls, New Order, The Art of Noise, and Fiction Factory do these days. Thus, the real nuggets demand a lot more research.

Last edited by le freak on Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: A fruity baritone
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:53 pm 

[quote="pianoman
I've recently read Bracewell's 'Re-Make Re-Model'. Though there's a lot of modern art in it, Bracewell made me realize what a bundle of creative personalities the young Roxy members must have been 8-) .[/quote]
Now that Sir, is a labour of love; great read, but sooooooo many tangents. But yes, the differing artistic interests amongst the original personnel must have been difficult to incorporate and indeed control!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7