VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:31 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Merchandise
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:38 pm 

Anyone who has been to the shows in the US, any idea what the merchandise for sale is like? Program and the live CD, I'm assuming, but any decent tshirts and such? Roxy related, specifically. Ta in advance!

Post subject: Re: Merchandise
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:47 pm 

Most of this stuff, I'm guessing, Bill:

https://roxy-music.livenationmerch.com/

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:39 am 

Live Cd, t-shirts, (mostly Country Life cover) and in my opinion the best item, (which I bought) a umbrella with the Country Life girls printed on the inside of the umbrella. Pretty clever.
Did not see any tour programs ?
It was interesting that most of the items were Country Life oriented, most have found a bunch of old boxes in the warehouse !

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:11 am 

The umbrella looks great but pricey - what's the quality like?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:45 am 

Anyone got the for your pleasure women sweater. Not sure about what size I should take. And the sizing guide is very universal. I assume the ladies shirts are much more fitted than one of those sweaters.... I normally have x l ladies shirt about medium unisex but those sweaters look very loose. If anyone can help?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:25 pm 

Agreed at $90 the umbrella was a bit pricey, quality looks average.
I am not sure I would take it out if a "Hard Rains A Gonna Fall", but it looks great lying open in my wine cellar !

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:36 pm 

Anyone got the for your pleasure women sweater. Not sure about what size I should take. And the sizing guide is very universal. I assume the ladies shirts are much more fitted than one of those sweaters.... I normally have x l ladies shirt about medium unisex but those sweaters look very loose. If anyone can help?

When the FYP sweatshirts appeared on the merch stall at the London Palladium, there was nothing to say that they were women's wear, so it came as a belated surprise (i.e. when the merch website was launched subsequently) to find out that I'd been cross dressing without realising it! :lol:

I suppose the scoop neck should have been a clue, but I wear mine with a black t-shirt or polo neck underneath it anyway... I'm a sucker for anything to do with FYP.

I usually buy L size (about a 42-inch chest, so 21 inches or 53-54 cm from pit to pit) t-shirts; I can fit in to some M sizes from the USA without too much of a squeeze, but sometimes buy XL from the Far East. Anyway, I originally bought the sweatshirt in L at the first London show, but exchanged it for XL at the second gig; the latter is comfortably big enough.

Most of the women's t-shirts seem to be tailored at the waist, although the larger sizes sometimes have straight sides (pretty much the same as the men's shirts); the sweatshirts are loose fitting, though (at least on women! ;) ).

Hope this helps, Herci. :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:41 pm 

Thanks smudge. I'm a curvy woman. Most of those ladies shirts don't even fit anymore. Chests are very tight most of the time and the waist too. Some brand are really terribly small. Bought a Large band shirt from another band and it looked it was big enough for a 7 yr old.
Probably go for a large then if they are loose fit. Most of my shirts and blouses are around 50 cm from armpit to armpit.
Thanks again!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:02 am 

Weird now it says it's a men's sweater on the site??

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:44 pm 

Weird indeed, Herci! :?

Indeed, the item page

https://roxy-music.livenationmerch.com/sweatshirts

seems to feature a regular crew neck, while the "rolling" pictures at the top of the webpage still show the low, scoop neck.

I've emailed customer services to try to clarify which style or styles are available.

I've also asked them to clarify whether or not the band name appears on the back of the men's Kari-Ann shirt (it clearly does on the women's version); maybe somebody here can offer clarification from recent gigs, as this design was not on sale at the April shows in London.

If there IS a crew neck sweatshirt, I'd prefer that, but I suspect that I'd have to buy again (I'd be surprised if they were prepared to take back in exchange one that has been worn for a few hours). If that was the case, Herci, I'd be prepared to sell the scoop neck one at a slightly reduced price, but would XL be too big or baggy for you?