VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:56 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Memorabilia
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:56 pm 
Site Owner

I thought I would start a wee thread about memorabilia and ask what is your favourite piece of memorabilia and why it is special to you.

I have a few things that have personal reasons for liking them rather than their actual rarity or cash value.

I have the beaters that Paul Thompson used on the end section to For Your Pleasure at the New Zealand show that Roxy did in March 2011, their last show ever (as it stands to date). I asked Paul to keep these for me as felt this may be the last Roxy Music get together ever.

As Paul was the last Roxy member on stage at this show so potentially these beaters/drumsticks effectively played the last Roxy notes ever.

J.O'B.

Post subject: Re: Memorabilia
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:03 pm 

The oval Roxy Music patch from the Siren era which I've just sewed on a military shirt. All the original albums have sentimental value for me as they were all gifts from my brother and sisters. My copy of Virginia Plain, first record I ever bought with my own money.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:40 pm 

I think mine must be the slightly worn signed photo of Bryan that hung on the wall at the Roxy Music Club Office in Liverpool. Peter Leay (remember him?) took it down from the wall and gave it to me.

There's also that nice small "metal with red enamel guitar-shaped badge" with "PM 801" on it that he also gave me that day.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:27 pm 

Got everything except TGPT's sticks so far, plus: original button badges, enamel flag and Viva! badges, every ticket, all Pete Leah's Roxy Music Club newsletters, Roxy Music Xmas card, Stranded promotional poster, Eddie Rifff sweatshirt, Rock Follies t-shirt, streamer thrown at me by MacKay at Hammersmith 1979.....that's all I can remember at this time of night, but lots more!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:32 pm 

Oh, and a certain mobile # in my phone ;) !

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:45 am 

I have a few things since the beginning, maybe not as much as others. There is the first Roxy Music poster from Sounds (standing in front of a tent), all the fan club news letters. One page with original Roxy signatures, with Rik Kenton not Graham Simpson. Silver saxophone on a chain bought via fan club. Ticket stubs from FYP tour in 1973 to my last concert in 2014.
Photographs i took from the front row at Hammersmith Odeon in 1979.
Others too many to mention.
My wife tells me to get rid of alot of these things, but I can't even though they have now real value, it's just memories. Roxy and all things Roxy was and is such an important part of my life, especially the teen years in the seventies.

Michael

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:38 am 

I have far too much merch, but wouldn't part with any of it; pride of place goes to the LP sleeves for FYP and Siren, which are fully signed by the five band members and framed.

FYP is my favourite album and the signatures represent the first time that I met each of the band members. If you had told me in 1973 that I would one day meet each of them and end up with this prized item, I would have had you sectioned under the Mental Health Act! :lol:

For the record, the signatures were acquired in four separate locations: Andy & TGPT at a Metaphors gig at Pigalle in Piccadilly Circus; Phil at Ronnie Scott's; Eno at a stage door on the South Bank (where he'd appeared in conversation with Jon Hassell); BF at an organised Olympia signing in Selfridges store.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:40 pm 

blakey wrote:
I have a few things since the beginning, maybe not as much as others. There is the first Roxy Music poster from Sounds (standing in front of a tent), all the fan club news letters. One page with original Roxy signatures, with Rik Kenton not Graham Simpson. Silver saxophone on a chain bought via fan club. Ticket stubs from FYP tour in 1973 to my last concert in 2014.
Photographs i took from the front row at Hammersmith Odeon in 1979.
Others too many to mention.
My wife tells me to get rid of alot of these things, but I can't even though they have now real value, it's just memories. Roxy and all things Roxy was and is such an important part of my life, especially the teen years in the seventies.

Michael

Ah, the silver saxophone pendant! Forgot that; made and supplied from a jewellers in Brighton! A beautiful piece I wore for years. Thank you for reminding me, went and found it, might clean it up!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:31 pm 

The signed (by bryan) roxy cd collection boxset sent to me after I sent him 3 Belgian band cd's. An amazing surprise ! And my ferry (signed) litho from the 2007 tour.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:52 pm 

I'm not so much worried about what I have but what's going to happen to it all when I'm not around to care for it any more!?
Nobody I know likes Roxy or Ferry .... and that scares me.