VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:56 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Brian Eno / The Guardian
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:46 pm 

I found this in The Guardian Online yesterday - hope you enjoy it. Best regards to my fellow featherboa lovers 8-)

Brian Eno / Interview 'We've been in decline for 40 years - Trump is a chance to rethink':

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/ ... reflection

Brian Eno / 10 Of The Best:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/music ... f-the-best

Post subject: Re: Brian Eno / The Guardian
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:30 pm 

The Apple TV app is just fantastic. The always changing image is like having a collection of early Ad Reinhart's and Josef Albers always changing every few minutes. Sometimes I wish I could take a screen shot just to save it. It's a bit pricey but worth it. And the ambient music is pure Eno.

Post subject: Re: Brian Eno / The Guardian
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:56 pm 

Eno interviews can be a mixed bag, but this one is interesting to read. Yeah he's pretentious and full of himself (so what's new?), but I'm sympathetic to his point about not wanting to talk (yet again) about collaborations that happened years/decades ago. And lordy why-oh-why should he have to suffer through some lazy question about his name for the umpteenth time...

Earlier today I was watching some Dylan interviews on youtube - the classic Dec '65 press conference in San Francisco and another one in Australia from 1986. And there is that ever present tension between the artist who "is" and the reporters/interviewers seeking something for an article or whatever. The two parties have such different reasons for being there. But, as with present-day Eno, there remains the desire/to promote some product or concert where The Press can serve some purpose no matter how much The Artist might wish otherwise.

Given a chance I'd cry like a baby on some faraway beach... But in the meantime there's the 45 minute interview that must be attended to...