VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:18 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Babylon Berlin (BF soundtrack to new TV series)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:39 pm 

Surprised this interview with Bryan hasn't got a mention yet:

http://www.southflorida.com/music/sf-br ... story.html

In it he makes reference to music that he has made for a new German TV series called Babylon Berlin, which is due to get a UK premiere in October. Sounds like more Jazz Age type material, which I hoped he was moving on from, but still intriguing nonetheless. Also interesting discussions on Neil Young, the set list for the forthcoming North American tour and an approximate release date for the 1974 RAH show. Sadly it's increasingly looking like the Deluxe edition of Roxy's first album is getting forgotten about. Surely BF can't be waiting for the 50th anniversary but I wouldn't put it past him either. Five years is a short time in Ferry land after all.

Post subject: Re: Babylon Berlin (BF soundtrack to new TV series)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:59 pm 

It will be great to hear Love Me Madly Again, featuring Chris Spedding. Also glad to hear he is planning to change up the set list from last time. I will be there in upstate NY in March as well as later in the summer at the Vegas date. Hopefully for the August dates some new material ??

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:07 pm 

TBH, I don't think he cares about the first album 40th (or 45th or 50th) anniversary issue. Realistically, who is going to buy it? Just people like us who followed the band in the 70s, so a pretty small market and therefore a very low profit margin. Too bad, I was really looking forward to it, especially after the Ladytron teaser a couple of years back.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:36 am 

I think BF has firmly consigned Roxy to the past now and perhaps that's no bad thing. It would seem the prospect of new recordings is zero and advancing years (combined with the frostiness evident in 2011) mean further reunion gigs are unlikely as well. A retired Roxy has its musical legacy intact.

That's why I think the SD version of RM doesn't get a mention here. BF is focused on his own work and the prospect of a couple of releases this year is rather welcome. The impression I have is Phil (and Andy?) are in the SD driving seat here, so I don't interpret the absence of a mention as it not happening. Phil was very positive about a 2017 release when he last mentioned it.

Live in hope...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:48 pm 

Yeah, Phil probably is overseeing the first album reissue although I'm sure it won't get released with at least some quality control from BF. I dearly hope it includes Roxy's first ever filmed gig at the infamous Bataclan in Paris. That's the one that we've seen enticing clips of before (Would You Believe on Total Recall) but never anything more.

The 1974 RAH gig is also an exciting prospect for the very fact that there are no bootlegs of that tour and BF has not performed many of the songs live since then.

Babylon Berlin also sounds very interesting and the hype is already mounting. Have always thought that BF's music was suited to full soundtracks, just wish he was doing something a bit more contemporary.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:27 am 

I dearly hope it includes Roxy's first ever filmed gig at the infamous Bataclan in Paris. That's the one that we've seen enticing clips of before (Would You Believe on Total Recall) but never anything more.

That would be interesting; I could only remember a 1972 clip from the Royal College Of Art.

Apologies for keeping this thread slightly off topic... ;)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:06 am 

Continuing to wander off topic - I see that the Shop on the official BF website is currently down ready for a "re-launch with new items".

Hopefully this may mean that the RAH 1974 show is going to be sold through the official site in the same way as Live 2015 was?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:03 am 

Thanks for this post and that link Dean

Ferryland :D