A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:42 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Hampton Court Palace
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:29 pm 

Quote:
Two of my close friends from London attended yesterday nights
Fabulous Ferry Fandango at Hampton..

I believe was standing next to them Teresa, at the front of the stage. ;)

Another Ferry Fandango at Hampton Court Palace has passed and It was a shame the set was reduced again to 24 tracks after doing 27 at the previous date. Although it was still a great show I was hoping for one or two of the extra tracks he has been dropping in and out on this tour..........Where or When, Both Ends Burning, Tokyo Joe, Sign of the Times, Street Life, Hold on I'm Coming or Beauty Queen have all popped up so far but not for us at HCP. I would have been delighted to hear them but It was pretty standard set list in the end.

The new band members sounded great as did the old. The weather took a change which didn't help and there was a bit of rain on and off but at least we managed to avoid a full downpour which had been the forecast earlier in the week. I now realise that my little camera does not perform well when it is a very dark background.............which it was. My selection of photos is pretty poor by my usual standards and it didn't help getting stuck on some weird setting that takes five different photos of the same photo in different filters......instead of one rubbish shot you get five!! I should have taken my big camera but as the info said "no audio-visual equipment allowed" I opted for the compact one which can be hidden. Mr Ferry didn't seem to have the same type of lighting this time around but I guess that might be down to the venue and stage etc.

Windswept take note......The Maestro was wearing an odd combination of the black brocade design trousers (the ones which match the LV Garden from Hell smoking jacket) with first the new black suede jacket and then the black/red stripe needlecord. I don't know if it was his intention to change to the LV jacket but then maybe was too chilly but it looked odd. His scarf was on, firmly tied and never budged all evening! There have been comments made that due to the very dark stage and lighting that he could not be seen very well to the audience further back from the stage. In some of my photos the effect has a look of a floating Bryan Ferry head. :)

As always with these events it is good to catch up with the usual suspects we have met over the years (you all know who you are) and is part of the fun of the occasion and nice to meet some new faces too. The time seems to fly past so quickly and before you know it we are rushing to our seats and then the show is over.

To those of you going to the show on the 21st I hope you have a good one and also any other dates. I am quite sad that we only got to one this time but fingers crossed for more live dates in 2018. :)

8-)

Post subject: Re: Hampton Court Palace
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:56 pm 

[quote="Roxy"]

Another Ferry Fandango at Hampton Court Palace has passed and It was a shame the set was reduced again to 24 tracks after doing 27 at the previous date. Although it was still a great show I was hoping for one or two of the extra tracks he has been dropping in and out on this tour..........

Windswept take note......The Maestro was wearing an odd combination of the black brocade design trousers (the ones which match the LV Garden from Hell smoking jacket) with first the new black suede jacket and then the black/red stripe needlecord. I don't know if it was his intention to change to the LV jacket but then maybe was too chilly but it looked odd. His scarf was on, firmly tied and never budged all evening!

Cher Roxy,

Windswept is praying for great weather and a longer set list that includes some of the gems you mentioned.

'More Than This', I hope he sorts the sartorial end of things out - we can't have standards slipping at this stage of the game. Quel bordel!

Salutations,

W2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:02 pm 

Roxy: Another Ferry Fandango at Hampton Court Palace has passed and It was a shame the set was reduced again to 24 tracks after doing 27 at the previous date. Although it was still a great show I was hoping for one or two of the extra tracks he has been dropping in and out on this tour..........Where or When, Both Ends Burning, Tokyo Joe, Sign of the Times, Street Life, Hold on I'm Coming or Beauty Queen have all popped up so far but not for us at HCP. I would have been delighted to hear them but It was pretty standard set list in the end."

Thanks for your report, Roxy. What you tell us is exactly what I thought when I read the set list on Facebook: Why did he only play 24 songs in London - his home match (apart from Newcastle)? I was surprised and delighted when Bryan played "A Simple Twist Of Fate" in Munich. But I hope you could enjoy the show despite the regular set list :roll: .

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:38 am 

Hello Roxy!!!!
We were Front and Center at Tyne all together as well!!
And what a Fabulous First Fandango for me it Was...

You should have said Hello, they would have remembered :D

Ahahaha
A New Term...
Ferryheads
Better than Deadheads..

I'm referring to legendary Grateful Dead fans of Course.. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:41 pm 

pianoman wrote:

Thanks for your report, Roxy. What you tell us is exactly what I thought when I read the set list on Facebook: Why did he only play 24 songs in London - his home match (apart from Newcastle)? I was surprised and delighted when Bryan played "A Simple Twist Of Fate" in Munich. But I hope you could enjoy the show despite the regular set list :roll: .

Hedonistic Hipsters,

W2 thinks that there is a strict 10:30 sound curfew at Hampton Court and sadly, they pull the switch even if your name is Bryan Ferry. Malheureusement we can't lobby for a longer set list but Windswept is praying to the Roxy Gods that Bitter Sweet, Beauty Queen and Chance Meeting make an appearance.

Nearly as important is that normal service is resumed on the sartorial front. We had to live through trousergate a few years ago and W2 can't handle another hiatus.

Salutations,

Windswept.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:07 pm 

Great to meet up with you again Roxy...totally agree with your comments about the show,lights, dress,etc.
To all going on the 21st...the show starts on the stroke of 9pm. (plenty of warning given over loud speakers) and finished at 10.45, which didn't give me much time to say goodbye to the people I met up with before the show as I had to make a dash for the train back to London.
I just wish the show hadn't ended with Jealous Guy, it seemed such a sombre ending to a great night...would have ended much better with a more up beat song.
Hope to meet up with lots of you on the 21st, hopefully with better weather...x

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:16 pm 

I'm back on the 21st too. Good weather promised.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:54 pm 

Quote:
Hello Roxy!!!!
We were Front and Center at Tyne all together as well!!
And what a Fabulous First Fandango for me it Was...

You should have said Hello, they would have remembered

I did Teresa.......your friend with the hat and myself almost got chased back to our seats once some of the crowd manoeuvred to the front of stage but we managed to hold out. ;)

Quote:
Thanks for your report, Roxy. What you tell us is exactly what I thought when I read the set list on Facebook: Why did he only play 24 songs in London - his home match (apart from Newcastle)? I was surprised and delighted when Bryan played "A Simple Twist Of Fate" in Munich. But I hope you could enjoy the show despite the regular set list.

Although I would have preferred some of the other tracks I still enjoyed the show Pianoman. :)

Quote:
Great to meet up with you again Roxy...totally agree with your comments about the show,lights, dress,etc.
To all going on the 21st...the show starts on the stroke of 9pm. (plenty of warning given over loud speakers) and finished at 10.45, which didn't give me much time to say goodbye to the people I met up with before the show as I had to make a dash for the train back to London.
I just wish the show hadn't ended with Jealous Guy, it seemed such a sombre ending to a great night...would have ended much better with a more up beat song.

Great to meet you again too Louize and you could always use the Jealous Guy finish to your advantage and make an early escape to catch your train! I hope you all get the nice weather next week. :)

8-)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:57 pm 

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/ ... ckets-date

8-)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:20 pm 

Well, the weather today is humid and sunny. My favourite type of weather for an evening's outdoor music :D

Looking forward to the concert enormously. Setlist is far more interesting and dark than many outdoor things i've seen Bry do; and frankly, I always like it when he refuses to do an exclusively Radio 2 playlist shtick. Dream Home, Ladytron, ITIS, STTY etc...marvellous. And still enough Summer's fayre for all of us.

Trousergate II is always an outside chance threat...but I'm an optimist and hope he'll nail it. ;)