VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:54 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Babylon Berlin Soundtrack ??
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:08 pm 

Tomorrow the German series 'Babylon Berlin' will start on Sky TV Germany. Bryan always mentioned that he had made a contribution to the soundtrack of this series. But when I read the articles in 'Zeit Online' etc. the journalists only mentioned names like Kraftwerk, Lady Gaga et al. Does anybody know more? -pm-

Last edited by pianoman on Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Babylon Berlin Soundtrack ??
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:54 pm 

Hipsters,

Pianoman a pose une tres bonne question.

Does J O'B know anything about this?

Windswept has always thought that our hero could do fabulous film scores.

Salutations,

W2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:58 am 

Good morning :-)

Yuko has posted a link to this interview with Babylon Berlin's leading actor Volker Bruch on facebook. According to Bruch the series features a couple of songs from our hero and even a cameo:

Quote:
Der Soundtrack klingt auch vergleichsweise modern, nach einer Art Afterhour-Charleston...

Klar, das ist zwar schon Charleston, aber auch mit Brücken zu heute, zu elektronischen Sachen. Und ein paar Songs von Bryan Ferry, der in einer Folge sogar einen Cameo hat – als Bryan Ferry! In solchen Momenten ganz offensichtlich die historische Korrektheit zu durchbrechen – das ist die Art von Gegenwartsbezug, die mir gefällt.

Quote:
Q: The soundtrack sounds relatively modern, like some kind of afterhour Charleston...

A: Sure, it's some kind of Charleston, but also with some bridges to contemporary music, to electronic stuff. And some songs by Bryan Ferry who, in one episode even has a cameo - as himself! In such moments the show obviously breaks with historical correctness, which is the kind of reference to the present time which I like.

http://www.jetzt.de/glotzen/serie-babylon-berlin

I haven't watched it yet since I don't have Sky, but I'm considering buying a Sky ticket for two months.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:12 pm 

Thanks for your information, Lonely Dreamer, you made my day ;-) But I am afraid I will have to wait until the end of 2018 when state-owned ARD plans to show 'Berlin Babylon'. As far as I know they have already made a lot of contracts with other countries incl. the US. Anyway, I hope there will be a soundtrack on CD 8-).

BTW, LD, if you read this today before midnight you could support me in my fight to get Roxy Music back into the SWR1 Top 1000 chart of the year. I took Jealous Guy as my No 1 of 5 songs, not because it's my favourite RM track but because it's the only one that has a chance to get in :roll: . FYI, the other ones I took were MTT, TACWM, DTS + VP. Thanks in advance, -pm-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:30 pm 

Hello Pianoman, I'd love to help, however the only website I could find via google seems to be already displaying the results, even though it is still half an hour before midnight...

https://www.swr.de/swr1/rp/musik/hitparade/titelausspielungstool/so-haben-die-swr1-hoerer-2017-abgestimmt/-/id=10469568/did=10468550/nid=10469568/1b2qrvr/index.html

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:41 pm 

pianoman wrote:
Thanks for your information, Lonely Dreamer, you made my day ;-) But I am afraid I will have to wait until the end of 2018 when state-owned ARD plans to show 'Berlin Babylon'. As far as I know they have already made a lot of contracts with other countries incl. the US. Anyway, I hope there will be a soundtrack on CD 8-).

I think it's possible to watch it entirely on a trial membership for 1€ per each of the first two months. Since I haven't used that opportunity for season 7 of Game of Thrones I think I could sign up for the test membership right now and watch the entire series Babylon Berlin for 1,50€. But I'm always a bit paranoid about signing up for these test memberships, since I'm horribly forgetful with this kind of things and I fear if I forget to cancel my membership in time I'll be caught up in some kind of three year contract including an obligation to watch the Bundesliga, a lifelong membership in the ADAC, and half a dozen credit cards :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:18 am 

Lonely Dreamer wrote:
Hello Pianoman, I'd love to help, however the only website I could find via google seems to be already displaying the results, even though it is still half an hour before midnight

Sorry, Lonely Dreamer, I forgot to send you the link to SWR1 BW (Baden-Württemberg is totally different from Rheinland-Pfalz where they already broadcast their Top 1000). But thanks for your efforts ;-).

The SWR1 BW radio station usually plays JG, MTT, Avalon, OY, DA, LITD plus STL + DSTD from BF. It's the kind of nostalgic greatest hits pop/rock radio you have all over the country. And when you hear 'The Look' from Roxette for the 2962nd time in your life you pull it off ... :x

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:07 am 

Thanks to another Bryan Fan in Facebook who posted a link, there is an interview with Volker Kutscher in the FAZ Dated 12. October

Only mention of Ferry, is that he was involved in only choosing the Music score for the tv Film.

Thanks for the tips regarding SKY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:16 am 

Hi Stephen,

here is the link to the trial membership:

https://www.sky-angebot.de/babylon-berlin-sky/

looks like the worst thing that can happen if one doesn't opt out in time is another month of membership.