VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:33 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Roxy Music - Deluxe Edition
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:42 pm 

Quote:
the 'fire, steady, aim' club

Couldn't have put it any better. Even if this does indeed see the light of day, how can a simple press release take so long unless it's (another) one where every word is run through a thesaurus to find the most impenetrable of similes and hyperbole! We could be waiting years. But more practically, at least those expecting to tap into a Christmas market have the information out there already - this will likely hit the music press and record store shelves just as most of the nation are putting the sprouts on (which, by my reckoning, is just about now).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:11 pm 

UKRichard wrote:

"- this will likely hit the music press and record store shelves just as most of the nation are putting the sprouts on (which, by my reckoning, is just about now)."

Debauched Dilettantes,

What a great summation from UKRichard - how right he is.

Salutations,

W2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:37 am 

I hope that this press release has not fallen foul of Bryan's perfectionism that saw 9 separate guitarists credited on "One Night Stand". I can imagine our hero pouring over draft press releases prepared by several different individuals and agonising over which sentences from which draft to include in the final version.....

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:24 pm 

True2Life wrote:
I hope that this press release has not fallen foul of Bryan's perfectionism that saw 9 separate guitarists credited on "One Night Stand". I can imagine our hero pouring over draft press releases prepared by several different individuals and agonising over which sentences from which draft to include in the final version.....

Cher True2Life,

One can easily image our hero ensconced in Chateau Marmont, sitting at his table, typewriter at the ready whilst starring wistfully out the window when Eliza Cummings wafts past and his mind turns to other things.

He puts his pencil down.......

This takes place whilst UKRichard's sprouts are burning to a frazzle and another Christmas passes sans release.

It is tough being a Feather Boa lover.

Salutations,

Windswept.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:08 pm 

Windswept2 wrote:
It is tough being a Feather Boa lover.

Monsieur Windswept is right - it's more than this: it is tough being a Roxy Music fan.

While other bands from this era are still touring with at least one or two members of the original line-up (Foreigner etc.) or provide their fans with double or triple albums remixed and enriched with rare tracks at affordable prices (Jethro Tull, Fleetwood Mac etc.), our heroes of the past need years to release only one of eight studio albums - an astronomical price guaranteed. Perhaps we'll see it in November, perhaps in November 2018, perhaps never ever.

In 2005/2006 there had been a real chance for something nobody would have ever expected - the ninth Roxy album including Brian Eno. But this chance to get an impression how their interplay would have sounded more than twenty years after the release of Avalon was missed. Some say, the album later became Olympia. Phil Manzanera said the songs were sub-standard. I don't know.

Whatever reasons exist for all this it is a little bit sad that the epoch-making band Roxy Music treats their fans so disparaging. Maybe we all ain't seen nothin' yet. But that's pure speculation in my eyes ...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:31 pm 

This has been too long coming, .maybe it really has missed its window of opportunity. It,ll be semi-antique in just a few years.
A real period piece. Like Sargeant Pepper.
It’s not even the best album.
So there. I threw that in just for the hell of it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:38 pm 

You're right Avalon Eyes. I was fired up when I thought it was coming out, but now that it's just dragging on and on, I'm feeling a bit *bleh* about it. Losing my enthusiasm...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:49 pm 

Oh come on! It will soon hit the stores and it will be fantastic! :D

Ole

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:41 am 

doc wrote:
Oh come on! It will soon hit the stores and it will be fantastic! :D

Ole

That's what I was thinking, what with Record Store Day/Black Friday almost upon us. After all, the Ladytron (extended original Steven Wilson 2015 mix) 10" was a Record Store Day treat (although not in the US).

To reiterate, hope there is an US release for the boxset, and relative to that the dvd is NTSC or region free.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:24 pm 

To reiterate, hope there is an US release for the boxset, and relative to that the dvd is NTSC or region free.

I'm sure you'll be OK, Robertron; almost all DVDs in boxed sets seem to be region free (Region 0) these days. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next