VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:21 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Babylon Berlin
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:21 pm 

Thank you, DCJ, I didn't know that.

Meanwhile another snippet has appeared on facebook, it certainly sounds a lot like the BFO, however it is not really sure, what the songs in it are... based on the end titles, they could/should be Alphaville and Chance Meeting, but it's really difficult to recognize them....

https://www.facebook.com/bryanferryfanpage/videos/1432739730158504/

I think I'm hearing some resemblances with Nile Rodgers' guitar, but I'm far from being sure, as is Yuko...

Here's the link to the Leo Zero Remix of Alphaville, that brings out Rodgers' guitar perfectly (one of my favourite remixes, btw, I really love it):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yab_kMiu_F4

I'm looking forward to hear your opinions about it :-)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:21 pm 

Another appearance of Dance Away:

https://www.facebook.com/bryanferryfanpage/videos/1435142233251587/

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:54 pm 

Perpetual Procrastinators,

Windswept really hopes this one lives up to expectations.

Visually it looks quite stunning and the atmospherics appear to be intoxicating. W2 hopes like hell that it stands up, Sky Atlantic have a pretty good track record so fingers crossed. Have any of our German Brethren seen the show or heard reviews?

Salutations,

Windswept

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:38 pm 

Hipsters,

W2 has just viewed the first two episodes.

'Dance Away' a la BFO was in episode2 and fitted perfectly.

So far, it is a great piece. The night club scenes are amazing.

Salutations,

Windswept

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:27 pm 

Just listened to "Bitter Sweet" and "Bitters End" on Facebook. BS with Ferry vocals in English and German (as I presumed) and really fantastic 8-) . I ordered the 2CD soundtrack which will be available in Germany November 24th.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:12 pm 

Ah, thank you, pianoman, I had missed them:

Bitter Sweet

and

Bitters End

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:03 pm 

pianoman wrote:
Just listened to "Bitter Sweet" and "Bitters End" on Facebook. BS with Ferry vocals in English and German (as I presumed) and really fantastic 8-) . I ordered the 2CD soundtrack which will be available in Germany November 24th.

Cher pianoman,

Clearly you are a gentleman of consummate taste.

W2 can't wait to get his hands on these BFO tracks. They were such an amazing band and Babylon Berlin is just such a great home for their music.

Windswept is completely knocked out by the first two episodes and will watch the remainder in his trench coat and fedora with Tallisker in hand.

It's a shame Sky Atlantic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:10 pm 

@ M. Windswept: Especially the BFO version of 'Bitter Sweet' has a slight touch of The Threepenny Opera / Dreigroschenoper by Bert Brecht / Kurt Weill (including The Doors' / David Bowie's Alabama Song). This sound and the German verse fit perfectly with the Berlin scenery. Can't wait for the soundtrack discs ... And I hope that the BFO still consists of members of the Pasadena Roof Orchestra.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:05 am 

pianoman wrote:
This sound and the German verse fit perfectly with the Berlin scenery. Can't wait for the soundtrack discs ... And I hope that the BFO still consists of members of the Pasadena Roof Orchestra.

Philisophical Philanderers,

Pianoman’s enthusiasm for the full soundtrack is well founded - the nightclub dance scene in episode 2 is just unbelievable - the earth moves. It is better than Sunderland’s Annabels in 1972 !

The whole thing is great: fabulous story, great acting, sumptuously shot. Viva Babylon Berlin.

Windswept can’t wait for Sunday and episodes 3 & 4 - shame Sky Atlantic didn’t release the whole thing at once.

Salutations,

W2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:55 pm 

Got my copy of the BB soundtrack today 8-) . BF sings on Bitter Sweet and Reason Or Rhyme. Both songs work very well in these versions. Bitter Sweet is the perfect tango and Chance Meeting is one of the best BFO tracks i. m. h. o. I also love Dance Away; only Alphaville could have been arranged better.

The team comprises Colin Good, Enrico Tomasso + Robert Fowler from PRO and Lucy Wilkins + Marina Moore (violin). Does anybody know whether (some of) the songs are outtakes from The Jazz Age or have been produced especially for this soundtrack? It is a double CD (price in Germany: 18 €) I can really recommend.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next