VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:07 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bryan Ferry Live 2018
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:46 pm 

I would love a completely new set list. But it won't happen, and yes the final run of DTD, LITD, LST, JG, VP will be part of the set. As it should be, most of the audience that come to his shows will not know 2HB, Strictly Confidential, Amazona, 3 and 9 or End Of The Line et all.

Personally I would love to hear Bryan play the whole of the first Roxy Music album (in support of the new release) in the first half of the show and a run through the hits in the second half (to satisfy the greatest hits brigade), that would do me nicely.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:31 pm 

From the new brochure advertising what's on at The Usher Hall, Edinburgh. :? :?

8-)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:35 pm 

Why still single out tracks from Avonmore? It barely featured in some setlists when it was far more current, never mind approaching 4 years old. :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:27 pm 

I agree it is a bit odd that "Avonmore" is specifically mentioned in the advert; I just scrolled through all the setlists from BF's 2017 tours and I didn't see a single gig that included a song from Avonmore.

The song Avonmore is a good one (thanks Ollie T!)and Loop de Li is one of the strongest tracks on the 2015 Live album. So perhaps they'll return in 2018...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:34 am 

Mes amis!

Mais oui, W2, what an excellent set list! We can always dream - and perhaps a part of it will come true.
And thanks, DCJ, for an interesting article. Our hero matured so early. Personally. I'm looking much more foreward to RAH concerts on disque than the treat others on this forum are waiting for!
Salutationes from a very cold Naxos!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:00 am 

I think (hope) this is just a local , and naughty, cut and paste job from a previous gig at the Usher.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:32 pm 

Tryptich wrote:
".... As it should be, most of the audience that come to his shows will not know 2HB, Strictly Confidential, Amazona, 3 and 9 or End Of The Line et all."

Hipsters,

Windswept has long been in favour of a 'No Philistines' rule at Ferry Fandangos. This would necessitate a quick questionnaire at the door and the enforcement of an appropriate dress code.

The combination of the two should ensure that we weed out any n'er-do-wells and allow our hero to present the thinking person's set list.

Malheureusement this may lead to a smaller audience but would have the added benefit that all Roxologists would be guaranteed a seat at the front.

Salutations,

W2

Personally I would love to hear Bryan play the whole of the first Roxy Music album (in support of the new release) in the first half of the show and a run through the hits in the second half (to satisfy the greatest hits brigade), that would do me nicely.

Mes Amis,

A good proposal from Trptitch but Windswept fears this is an idea for a Roxy show!

salutations,

W2

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:41 pm 

avalon_eyes wrote:
I think (hope) this is just a local , and naughty, cut and paste job from a previous gig at the Usher.

Hipsters,

W2 prays to the Roxy Gods that avalon_eyes is correct !

Touring with last years set list would test the loyalty of the most committed Ferryista. Il faut avoir something different.

Salutations,

W2

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:27 pm 

I think it highly unlikely that the set list will be a repeat of last year's tour.

There will be some adjustments, some songs dropped, some added, etc. But many of the classic chestnuts will remain, especially in the latter part of the show...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:16 pm 

I suspect that your prediction will prove to be right DCJ but one ever-present that surely needs rested is Tara. I know that this features in the sets to give most of the guys a comfort break mid-gig (and isn’t that comfort break getting more and more stretched out of late!) but surely there is something else that can fulfill this function.

Let’s hope that Like A Hurricane gets shelved as well. It is a fine song well delivered and all that but its claim to a genuine place in the BF/ RM back catalogue is pretty tenuous in my view.

Finally (and this is very much wishful thinking rather than genuine expectation as the casual listener faction of the audience (sadly very much in the majority in recent years) needs to be catered for) how I wish BF would strike JG from 2018’s repertoire. I increasingly find myself gritting my teeth and willing him to get it over and done with with each passing tour. I fear that we would need to get Windswept’s suggestion of a “No Philistine” rule adopted first of all if JG is to be cut. However, while that is a very seductive proposal, unfortunately we all know that won’t happen - but full marks to Windswept for his mischievousness nonetheless.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next