VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:15 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Bryan Ferry Acoustic Show
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:36 pm 

bobby moncur wrote:

Bryan and the Baselitzs

The Fondation Beyeler has a reputation for hosting ‘salon’ nights ......
And now for the icing on the cake, with a great big maraschino cherry and a sparkler. This Island Earth does a sultry samba behind a half-closed door, taking its clothes off very, very slowly. It washes over us with its deliciousness, thoroughly seducing us and, as in life … leaves without saying goodbye.
If all I’d heard was Chance Meeting and This Island Earth, it was well worth the special trip. It bodes well for interesting song choices and new arrangements on the new tour. But selfishly, I’d like to leave it all there in the Fondation with Ferry crowned King amongst the Klees.

Hedonistic Hipsters & Narcistic Ne'er Do Wells,

What a brilliant review from Bobby - W2 is insanely jealous and wishes he'd been there.

The Bonny Lad does this stuff so well and the interpretation of existing material gives the chosen songs a completely new dimension and a level of sophistication appropriate for his (and Windswept's) time of life.

It could be considered extraordinary that Ferry is covering Ferry but when you think how strong these songs are, how beautifully he re-interprets them and how seamlessly they blend with ATGB classics, they deserve many lives.

Hopefully the Babylon Berlin zeitgeist will lead to another album from that golden Ferry/Good partnership.

Salutations a tous et un tres grand merci a Bobby for 'Bryan and the Baselitzs',

Windswept.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:04 pm 

De nada Herr Windswept.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:55 pm 

Great review bobby moncur - definitely a Ferry soiree to remember and no doubt. Personnel may change between now and the main tour but it's hard to believe some of these re-imaginings will fail to make the cut - so this is indeed a thrilling prospect. .

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:46 am 

Thanks Booby M. - A very engaging and literate review!!!

It will be interesting to see how much of the acoustic concert makes its way into the 2018 tour starting next month...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:15 pm 

Green with envy, I’d wager that The Only Face would have settled right in there , too.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:39 am 

Chers amis!

Merci, Bobby Moncur, for an excellent review. I'm green as a meadow in spring...
And yes, avalon-eyes, the song that would have completed this dream of a set list, is for sure My only face (with Enrico Tomasso on trumpet.)
If a generous portion of this ensemble and set list not will embark on the journey that will set sail in April,I'll maybe not do something as drastic as the great W2, but surely something bad will happen...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:49 pm 

Oberon wrote:
Chers amis!

..... I'm green as a meadow in spring... the song that would have completed this dream of a set list, is for sure My only face (with Enrico Tomasso on trumpet.)
If a generous portion of this ensemble and set list not will embark on the journey that will set sail in April,I'll maybe not do something as drastic as the great W2, but surely something bad will happen...

Perpetual Procrastinators,
These are wise words spoken by learned Roxologists and W2 adds his support for the inclusion of 'My Only Face' albeit he votes for the Jools Holland version (Harmonica Nirvana).
These are tense times, and the great Oberon is correct, this ship has to sail at least as part of the flotilla .
To this end, W2 has thought of standing outside 'Studio One' wearing a sandwich board baring the slogan 'We Want The Baselitz Set' on one side and 'Colin Good For MD' on the other.
It is time for thinking Ferryistas to rise up and make their views known.
Il faut aller vite et frapper forte !
Salutations a tous,
Windswept