VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:05 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Roxy RSD 2020
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:47 am 

Smudge wrote:
Although RSD was postponed from 18/4 until 20/6, I'm still not sure it's going to happen; even if the shops re-open next week, I'm not sure that the usual RSD queues would sit happily with social distancing...

The latest I've heard is that RSD releases will be staggered over three dates in late August, September & October, with the Roxy LP rescheduled for 29/8.

Anything new about RM Steven Wilson stereo remix? Has the RSD happened or has it been postponed once more? Thanks for the information ;)

- p -

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:41 pm 

The RSD releases are going to be staggered over three dates in late August, September & October, Pianoman.

The Roxy LP is scheduled for 29th August; as I first saw this news in a Dutch mail order website (since confirmed by a contact here in the UK), I think the same date will be used for its release everywhere.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:28 pm 

Thanks for the information, Smudge. I'm not very much into vinyl but it seems to be the only way to get the stereo remix - to make a digital copy out of it ;-) I hope they won't release a CD version one year later ...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:07 am 

I don’t know what they were doing with the 5,1 mix on the box set.
That passed me by ( I cannot play it) and i really don’t know If the stereo mix is something I need to hear. I head Ladytron from the RSD release on YouTube and whilst interesting, is it what I really want ?
I’m faintly sure this release will not be put out on CD.
Galling to think that since the postponed RSD in April these discs have been languishing in warehouses and stock rooms around the country when they could have engaged us through lockdown.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:56 am 

I'll try to grab one somehow (here in the US).

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:50 am 

If Robertron or anyone else has difficulty in tracking down a copy of the RSD vinyl, I'm happy to try to locate extra copies in London's many participating stores.

All I'd need is for the costs to be covered and nothing more. I think the record is due to retail at about £23 or £24 (there may be a couple of quid variation between stores, but I'd leave the price stickers on to reassure buyers that they're only paying face value), but international postage/shipping* might be a deal breaker for some.

(*Domestic postage would be £3.10 or £3.70, with an optional £1 extra for Signed For; basic airmail would cost £7.25 to Europe and £10-£11 to anywhere else, with an optional £4.50 extra for Tracked & Signed.)

It's hard to predict how well RSD items will sell; the initial 7" (VP b/w Pyjamarama) flew out of the doors, but I was able to get a handful of copies of the Ladytron 10" for friends, while the others (the BF 7" singles box and the Roxy 2x12" remixes) can still be found brand new for cheaper prices than I paid on the release day.

Anyway, the offer is there if anyone wants to message me. :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:23 pm 

Thank you, Smudge, for the generous offer to provide us with the Roxy RSD LP. Please watch your PMs tomorrow ;) - pianoman -

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:34 am 

Hi Pianoman,

I have received and replied to your private message (pm), but my reply seems to still be pending in my outbox for some reason. :?

It would be helpful if you (and anyone else who might want to contact me) could send another pm with your email address in it and I can then reply to you directly. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:16 pm 
Site Owner

A friend managed to get me a copy from a Glasgow store. The nearest shops from Inverness participating in Record Store Day are Perth & Aberdeen with 120 miles away.

I am told there is a digital download code within the record.

J.O'B.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:13 pm 

VivaRoxyMusic.com wrote:
A friend managed to get me a copy from a Glasgow store. The nearest shops from Inverness participating in Record Store Day are Perth & Aberdeen with 120 miles away.

I am told there is a digital download code within the record.

J.O'B.

When anyone gets a chance to get to listen to it could they kindly post a review. Thanks.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next