VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:28 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: the upcoming tour
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:23 pm 

Hey guys, on the site (excellent John well done) there has been a lot of negativity about the tour. Why? Do you think there will be many Roxy tours to come? Probably not. Lets make the most of it and enjoy. Could well be the last time we all get to see them play live together. I have tickets for both nights in Glasgow, sold out by the way, and I cannot wait. So what if they play Do The Strand for the millionth time. I bet if they didn't you would all moan. Go and cheer them no matter what they play. Roxy Rule ok.

Post subject: Re: the upcoming tour
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:34 pm 

total agree,i have tickets for the two shows in Glasgow too and the important thing is to enjoy one of the last chances to see them live.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:03 pm 

I think the point most people are trying to make (and it's a valid one) is that we've had the same set list time after time. If indeed it is the final time we get to see them, even more reason why they should air some songs which haven't been heard for a while and make the shows all the more memorable.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:09 pm 

Well said Bill ! It may well be the last time we see them, but they should still try a little bit. Same set, same arrangements and same stage set sounds like laziness to me. They know the fans will buy the tickets, but is that what its all about ?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:37 am 
Site Owner

There seems to be some assumptions that the set will be the same and I can understand that.

The band are aware that there has been little change in the set the last 10 years and I am sure they will be looking at options on making this tour as interesting as possible at this stage of their careers.

J.O'B.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:59 pm 

BF definitely said recently (Steve Wright interview I think) that FYP and Avalon are his favourite albums and that they will be playing lots of tracks from FYP.

Strand, Editions, FYP, Bogus Man, Dreamhome Heartache and.....

Dare we hope for Beauty Queen or Strictly Confidential?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:13 pm 

They may well be his favourite albums and they may well play a load of songs from both albums but will those songs be Strand, Editions, Dream Home, FYP, Avalon, Tara, Heart Still Beating and More Than This !!! Again ?!!! Although I would say at a stretch that I quite like all of them, I wouldn't mind not hearing them in 2011 and hearing Chance Meeting, Sea Breezes, Beauty Queen, Serenade, Amazona, Thrill, Really Good Time, Just Another High and Still Falls the Rain instead. Let's see what happens once the ticket money's in the Bank !!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:25 pm 

Anna Phoebe tweeted on 8 December that "Postman just delivered the whole collection of Roxy Music cds. Time to start learning for the UK arena tour". Of course she could just be winding us up (surely not) but it would be nice to think the band have taken notice of the comments about the static set lists. You'd think they might even enjoy ringing the changes themselves.

As for me, if I heard "All I Want Is You" and "Manifesto" in London in February I would go home a happy bunny :D .

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:46 pm 

the perfect set list must include in my opinion:
manifesto,still falls the rain,over you,just another high,amazona, , prairy rose ,oh yeah, street life, mother of pearl, serenade,spin me round,more than this, avalon ,jealous guy and the complete For your pleasure album, it is sure than :
after the show everybody is going home very happy.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:20 pm 

Well I started this. Roxy haven't played in Scotland since 2001, nearly 10 years. Any set will be welcome but personally I would be more than happy if they dropped the Avalon stuff and played Prairie Rose, All I Want is You and If It Takes All Night. You may have guessed Country Life is one of my faves. It was my first Roxy concert at the wonderful Glasgow Apollo in Oct 1974 so it stands out for me. Over You would be nice as well, I have very fond memories of the Flesh and Blood tour as well, 2 nights at the Apollo and one at Wembley. My gut feeling is there will be some surprises but many of the standards will remain in the set. Maybe J O'B knows :)