The Ultimate Collection
Compilation Album - September 1988
Bryan Ferry + Roxy Music 'The Ultimate Collection' was released at the end of Bryan's contract with E'G in 1988. It peaked at number 6 in UK and featured two previously unreleased tracks. He'll Have to Go was left over from The Bride Stripped Bare sessions and the Neil Rodgers co-written song Help Me was initially recorded for the soundtrack to 'The Fly' and released as a single in USA in 1986.
The album was promoted by a remixed version of Let's Stick Together which appeared on the album and reached number 12 in UK. The Price Of Love was given an R&B remix in 1989 as a follow up, peaking at number 49 and He'll Have To Go reached number 63 later on the same year.
A rare picture CD version can be found as well as slightly different track listings in France and Australia.
Album Track Listing
- Let's Stick Together ('88 Westside remix)
- The 'In' Crowd
- Dance Away
- Angel Eyes
- He'll Have To Go
- Tokyo Joe
- All I Want Is You
- Jealous Guy
- The Price Of Love
- Don't Stop The Dance
- Love Is The Drug
- This Is Tomorrow
- Slave To Love
- Help Me
Other Tracks of Interest
- Let's Stick Together '88 Westside Mix (Extended Version) A 12" single included an extended version of this track.
- The Price Of Love '89 R'n B' (Extended Mix) An extended version was found on the 12" single.
- Help Me (Full Version) The full version of Help Me was released on the Dance With Life CD single in 1996 in Germany.
Album Musicians & Credits
- Bryan Ferry Voice, piano and keyboards.
- Phil Manzanera Guitar
- Andy Mackay Sax and oboe.
- Paul Thompson Drums
- Eddie Jobson Violin, piano and keyboards.